Tuesday, May 3, 2016

What This Is

Well, it's 2016 and I'm on a Blogspot, so you can tell that I'm an old person, I guess.

My name is Michael Peterson and I co-created and wrote a comic called Project: Ballad, along with which I wrote a lot of articles on video games and other things. Before that I wrote in a lot of different places, one or two of which you might have heard of, but most you haven't. I am (probably) retired from writing "professionally" - that is, trying to get paid, even if I wasn't - but once and a while I still tinker on projects, and I don't have a great place to dump them out of my head the way I used to, so I'm here until I'm not anymore.

My update schedule is "whenever I fucking get around to it," because the stress of content creation for P:B nearly killed me - I mean, I've been on-and-off sick pretty much since the day we shuttered that website, so maybe I mean it literally, who knows... but this is for my benefit more than yours, so we'll both have to live with ourselves. But I don't mean that literally, as it's very easy for you to click a button and make me go away.

I'm not using a Tumblr or whatever because I value hard archives - such as they exist online - and social media is great for a lot of things and 100% terrible at permanence.

This is not the P:B blog. Some stuff will overlap because I spent a lot of time studying a pretty niche thing, and I have a lot to say about it. At some point, maybe I'll even talk about P:B here in some form, and I'll probably revise some old pieces for re-publication. But this is for criticism and self-indulgent explorations and maybe some fiction at some point. Or not. I'm giving myself fewer rules here; if you think I didn't have rules at the old joint, you have no idea what kinda contortions I was always putting myself through.

This is largely an experiment, and I reserve the right to detonate the thing melodramatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment